Our friends at Eco Logic are taking applications for a Full-time Seasonal Restoration Technician for the 2019 field season. See attached description for more information or contact Phil Oser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eco Logic LLC
8685 West Vernal Pike
Bloomington, IN 47404
Open Position: Full – Time Seasonal Restoration Technician
Employment Timeframe: April 15 – November 15
Compensation: $13 - $14 / hour + Travel Costs
Eco Logic LLC is looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual who is interested in an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the field of ecological restoration. We are looking for a team player who shares our commitment to the environment and values lifelong growth through education and personal improvement. The purpose of this position is to assist with the completion of ecological restoration activities on nature preserves, parks, and private land throughout Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. Preforming herbicide applications to control invasive plant species is an essential function of this position and will account for over 80% of the work performed during this timeframe. Travel and overnights stays are also essential and could potentially be necessary for up to 70% of the projects. Work is generally preformed Monday through Friday and all employees average 40-50 hours per week. Eco Logic offers paid holidays on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day for all seasonal restoration technicians.
· Arrive on time and well rested with all essential gear and personal supplies
· Operate, load and unload large trucks and trailers safely on a daily basis
· Mobilize, transport, use and maintain all tools and equipment in a safe manner
· Utilize provided PPE, including insect repellants, in accordance with EPA and OSHA regulations
· Operate off road vehicles and apply herbicide using backpack and tank sprayers
· Operate GPS units and collect data in a standardized format on a daily basis
· Operate brush cutters, gasoline drills and a variety of other small tools
· Show discipline in filling out daily logs, timesheets and other essential paperwork
· Other duties as assigned
· Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
· Possess or obtain a pesticide applicators license with the Office of the Indiana State Chemist
· Knowledge of woodland, wetland and prairie plants native to Indiana and the Midwest.
· Knowledge of plants invasive to Indiana and the Midwest.
· Ability to lift and carry a 30 lbs. backpack sprayer for extended periods; hiking up to 12 miles a day
· Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, digging, and hammering for extended periods
· Ability to work in extreme weather conditions such as extreme heat and rain
· Ability to work with frequent exposure to ticks, mosquitoes, poison ivy, stinging insects
· Experience in the field of natural resource management [Preferred]
· Demonstrate clear communication with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
· Demonstrate a commitment to a safe working environment.
· Promotes Eco Logic's mission and shares our core values
· Demonstrates clear communication with co-workers, supervisors and clients
· Solves problems with a positive “can-do” approach to challenges and obstacles
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and team mentality
· Proves to be a reliable person who shows up for work on time each day ready to contribute
Please e-mail resumes to: Phillip Oser email@example.com
Eco Logic is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.